Richard J. Feldman, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and has been practicing orthopaedics since 1987. During his education, Dr. Feldman received Alpha Omega Alpha (high distinction) in medical school and was awarded the James B. Angell Scholar Class Honors while in college. He completed a fellowship in spinal disorders in the United States and in Europe so he could become an expert in treating the spine. As such, Dr. Feldman’s primary focus is on conditions relating to the neck and back. He also routinely evaluates and treats injuries and pain to the shoulder, knee, and hip.
Dr. Feldman has always focused on comprehensive health care for men and women, in partnership that honors patient individuality and dignity. He has travelled extensively for work. Dr. Feldman has presented at a UCLA spine conference (1986) and at the American Academy of Orthopedics conferences (1987, 1988). He has travelled to Italy and to Vietnam to present on microsurgical treatment of lumbar disc disease. He joins OSS in April 2023 after joint management of Buena Vista Orthopedics, in North Hollywood, with Dr. Jeffrey Korchek
Dr. Feldman’s accomplishments include:
- Certification from the California Division of Workers’ Compensation for medical exams of injured employees
- Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center (1994, 1998, 1999)
- Chair of Medical Records Committee at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center (1998 to 2003)
- Member of these committees at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center: Medical Records (1992 to 2003), Quality Assurance (1998, 1999), Utilization Review (1992 to 1994), Emergency Medicine Committee (1992 to 1994)
- Member of North American Spine Society
- Pain in the body joints
- Injuries to cartilage, ligaments and muscles of the spine, shoulder and knee
- Broken bones (fractures)
- Spine conditions
- Sports related injuries (spine, shoulder, knee)
- Chronic injuries and previous surgeries that need to be evaluated
- Taking care of broken bones, injured soft tissue (muscles, ligaments) and dislocations with splints, bracing, casts, medications, physical therapy, or possible injection therapy.
- Surgical care for broken bones
- Spinal procedures
- Joint Replacement Surgery
- Partial / Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Arthroscopy surgery (known as scopes), including:
- Surgical repair of tendons, including Achilles
- Removal of cysts such as Morton’s neuroma and ganglion cyst
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Burbank
- Glendale Surgical Center, Glendale
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- California Orthopaedic Association
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North American Spine Society
Juxta Facet Cysts of the Lumbar Spine, Neuro Orthopedics, 4: 31-35.
Video Tape: Pitfalls in Microsurgical Technique for Lumbar Spine Surgery, an AAOS Instructional Tape 1987
“Dr. Feldman is my go-to ortho….He has been my orthopedic for >12 years… He has performed (my) hip replacement. Spinal fusion. Meniscus tear and cartilage damage repair. He has also done a knee replacement on my left knee…. They focus on getting patients thru and on time; learn their names and you will learn how special they all are. As for Dr. Feldman... ... ”- TRM
“Dr. Feldman is the best doctor I ever got. Thank you for being the dedicated, thoughtful, and compassionate doctor that you are! You always go above and beyond and work tirelessly towards a healthy outcome. ”- Kharmen R.