OSS has built a hand therapy department of specialists from the field of Occupational Therapy to help patients return to the things they love and their daily life activities with confidence. How OSS Therapy Services works?
We ALSO heal the hands of performing artists in Los Angeles!
Very recently, OSS and Hand Therapy Artistic Advantage of Burbank have merged. OSS is excited to now offer more specialized hand therapy for those patients in the performing arts. Our routine for this group includes “relative rest”, stretches, strengthening muscle imbalances and identifying solutions to regain your artistry.
Regardless of your profession too, we want to help all hands heal!
- Activities of Daily Living modification and retraining for the activities of daily living of life that maximize function.
- Coordination and fine motor retraining including writing.
- Customized education of the patient’s condition and therapeutic outcomes to provide comfort and awareness of the therapy process.
- Home symptom and exercise management programs are customized per person and diagnosis.
- Joint, soft and scar tissue mobilization to release tight joints, muscles, fascia and adhesions to maximize tendon gliding, muscle function and motor control.
- Stimulation for pain, swelling or muscle re-education, Paraffin wax, contrast baths, and hot & cold packs.
- Sensory re-education for nerve injuries with joint protection and energy conservation techniques for pain or autoimmune disorders.
- Custom splinting and taping for protection, stability, flexibility and performance to protect healing structures and minimize re-injury.
- Therapeutic exercise and functional activities for flexibility, mobility, stability, strength, fitness and performance.
- Fractures: finger, hand, wrist, forearm and elbow
- Joint disruptions, sprains or deformities: Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
- Ligament rupture, instability or strain in hand
- Muscle strains, weakness, pain disorders from trauma or degeneration
- Nerve compression or lacerations: trauma or soft tissue injury for repetitive motion
- Pain disorders
- Strength and conditioning restoring function weakened by chronic or autoimmune conditions
- Tendon strain, lacerations or ruptures
“This place was referred to me by my doctor after I tore my ACL and I'm very happy with everything. My doctor suggested I try PT before going with surgery. I am 6 weeks in and already walking with no issues, doing lunges, squats and other resistance trainin”- A R.
“They evaluated me carefully, always listen to my feedback, and adjusted workouts to see my progression, and in the end, I was able to be discharged from treatment and return to my normal activities earlier than planned.”- Brain M.
“I was suffering from excruciating lower back pain that prevented me from doing any movement, except for standing and walking. I am forever grateful to have met Dr. Rafael and Alex and would most definitely recommend them to anyone that is suffering.”- Anashe M.
“Everyone here was great Came in after surgery on my dominant wrist for a fracture and after 6 weeks I am almost back to normal functionality. Jamie was my therapist and she is great. Would recommend going here.”- Cameron H.