When an option, patients prefer procedures done in the office.
OSS doctors can do some surgeries and procedures in the office (instead of in a surgery facility) because certain ones only require the OSS doctor to use local anesthesia, the SAME local anesthesia that a dentist uses for a dental procedure done in her office.
The benefit to you is the OSS doctor can do the procedure in an environment that is already familiar to you - the office. The OSS doctor can safely manage the local anesthesia medication and follow the same standard operating room protocols to keep you safe.
Commonly Performed Procedures
Treatments for the Hand & Wrist
Here are some surgeries that an OSS doctor can do in our office:
- Repair a cut (laceration)
- Repair a broken bone in the finger
- Repair a tendon in the hand or wrist
- Repair the nailbed of a finger
- Remove a foreign body object or piece of hardware
- Remove a mass on a finger (also referred to as excising a cyst on the finger)
- De Quervain’s tenosynovitis release (affecting the tendons associated with the thumb)
- Carpal Tunnel syndrome release (affecting the wrist)
Treatments for Pain Management
Here are the procedures that our Pain Management Specialist routinely does in the office:
- Epidural Steroid injections
- Joint injections
- Medial branch blocks
- Peripheral nerve blocks
In-Office Procedures are more comfortable:
- No IV sedation or anesthesia means no nausea or vomiting
- No long waits to be admitted to the surgery facillity
- No long waits in the preoperative suite (before surgery room)
- No need to stay in the recovery room
In-Office Procedures are more convenient:
- No pre-surgery tests
- You may take your routine medicine
- You may eat and drink before procedure
- You may drive yourself home after the procedure
In-Office Procedures are more cost-effective:
- No fees for pre-surgery tests
- No fees for medical doctor clearance
- No fees for facility (hostpital or surgery center)
- No fees for a physician anesthesiologist
“I was referred here by Dr. Raven for hand therapy due to a diagnosis of De Quervain's Tenosynovitis. I was lucky to have 5 sessions here all of which were the most informational and wonderful experiences. I had a different therapist each time, each ... ”- Nooshi B.
“If there were more stars, he deserves all! My mom knee was devastated by arthritis and osteoporosis (perhaps due to her age) for more than 8 years and the last 3 years it was impossible for her to walk... then Dr. Jeffrey Korchek performed a knee ... ”- Lorena F.
“Did my PT here after a major back surgery. Love OSS! Everything runs well, people are friendly. I came out strong as hell and confident in my new abilities. ”- Brenna R.
“Dr. Korcheck is the best. Everything is so organized, staff is very courteous ”- Ann A.
“Hallie, David, Hanook. Ashlee and Jessie worked with me and they were all very professional and conscientious. (ney listened to all my wrist. complaints and they would make sure my wrist would feel better, When I first came to therapy I was doubtful ... ”- Rosa D.
“Everyone here was great Came in after surgery on my dominant wrist for a fracture and after 6 weeks I am almost back to normal functionality. Jamie was my therapist and she is great. Would recommend going here. ”- Cameron H.