Physical therapy is a type of rehabilitative health service that helps you regain or improve your physical abilities. At OSS, you would work with a doctor in physical therapy over a period to help heal the pain and injury.
OSS physical therapists are an integral part of the healthcare team, restoring, optimizing movement and function after injury or disease. Physical therapists are hands-on healthcare professionals who evaluate movement dysfunction, develop care plans, use therapeutic exercises, facilitate neuromuscular control of movement, and manage pain as part of treatment for their patients. How OSS Therapy Services works?
The Doctors in Physical Therapy at OSS use scientifically evidence-based exercises and techniques.
- Generalized and specialized strength training as well as instruction in maintaining and improving flexibility, stability and agility
- Fall prevention and balance programs
- Video analysis of movement patterns
- Postural and back education assessments
- Home exercise plans
- Osteoporosis strengthening
- Sports enhancement
- Before surgery screenings and treatment
- Post-mastectomy surgery care
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation
- Manual therapy including joint & soft tissue mobilizations
The causes of body aches and injury vary.
- Experienced a sudden injury maybe from playing a sport, or lifting your child
- Pre and post-operative orthopaedic surgery rehabilitation
- Repeating the same motion to form a repetitive injury
- Dealing with a chronic orthopaedic (musculoskeletal)health condition that is now impacting your lifestyle
- Aging which brings on a new set of health issues such as osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, or balance issues
- Chronic pain conditions including neck and low back pain, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Traumas including motor vehicle accidents, falls, fractures, sprains and strains
- Sports injuries
- Neck and low back radiculopathies, sciatica, thoracic outlet syndrome
- Balance and gait disorders
- Headaches (e.g, having neck pain)
- Post Mastectomy
- Body mechanics and ergonomics
- Sports Performance enhancement
- Generalized weakness
“This place was referred to me by my doctor after I tore my ACL and I'm very happy with everything. My doctor suggested I try PT before going with surgery. I am 6 weeks in and already walking with no issues, doing lunges, squats and other resistance trainin”- A R.
“They evaluated me carefully, always listen to my feedback, and adjusted workouts to see my progression, and in the end, I was able to be discharged from treatment and return to my normal activities earlier than planned.”- Brain M.
“I was suffering from excruciating lower back pain that prevented me from doing any movement, except for standing and walking. I am forever grateful to have met Dr. Rafael and Alex and would most definitely recommend them to anyone that is suffering.”- Anashe M.
“Everyone here was great Came in after surgery on my dominant wrist for a fracture and after 6 weeks I am almost back to normal functionality. Jamie was my therapist and she is great. Would recommend going here.”- Cameron H.