OSS is now offering Telehealth, a new way of talking to our experts through video using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. We are providing the same, expert orthopaedic care during the COVID-19 public health crisis so you have convenience and peace of mind.
How Telehealth works:
1. Call us to make a Telehealth appointment and kindly read tips below for booking.
Book the appointment during our regular office hours: Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 4 PM.
Understand if this type of appointment fits the criteria below and if you:
- Had scheduled an on-site appointment BUT now want to get information about your condition and possible treatment options remotely.
- Answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Have you traveled outside of the country since January 1st 2020? If so, where?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has traveled outside of the country since January 1st 2020? If so, where?
- Have you experienced fever, cough, or shortness of breath at any time during the last 2 weeks?
- Are you sick or do you have immunosuppressed family members at home?
- Do you have chronic pain or problems and want to report and discuss your status?
- Do not need an X-Ray or wound check?
- Do you have a question or concern about your ongoing condition or recovery?
- Do you have a question or concern about your labs or diagnostic imaging results?
Understand the insurance and fee policy for the Telehealth appointment:
- If your insurance is in-network with OSS, we will bill your insurance.
- If your insurance is out-of-network, please speak to an OSS team member about our Out-of-Network Program.
- If you are not using your health insurance or do not have, you will be charged $150 for your initial evaluation and $43 for each follow-up visit.
2. Once you have scheduled your Telehealth appointment on your smartphone, confirm you received an OSS text message with these 2 links:
- A telehealth video link (you see this info within the link, oss.doxy.me).
- A link to our website for more details (ossburbank.com/telehealth)
3. At your convenience, read how to prepare for the Telehealth appointment:
- You will need a working smartphone, tablet, or computer with a working camera, microphone, and internet connection. We highly recommend you set up your smartphone, tablet or computer on a solid surface, such as a table or bookshelf, away from direct sunlight.
- Use Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, or Samsung Internet for your browser.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing and give yourself plenty of space for movement.
4. Log into your Telehealth appointment 5 minutes before your appointment start time.
- Click on the first Telehealth link (sent to you by text).
- To view a demo, you can also watch either of these tutorials:
- For Chrome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJf9N9sjDLI
- For Firefox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJf9N9sjDLI
- Test your internet connection by clicking “Pre-Call Test” on the bottom left corner of the virtual waiting room.
- Be ready to upload any diagnostic or lab tests during your Telehealth appointment.
- Finally, if your provider is late (10 minutes after your scheduled appointment time), call our office.
If you need any technical assistance, please visit https://doxy.me/patients.
Keep safe and healthy.
“I heartily recommend OSS Elite for anyone with carpal tunnel syndrome or any other hand problem (mine was arthritis in my wrist). The outstanding therapists there are so precise and knowledgeable, fully explain what each exercise does, give excellent ... ”- Peter L.
“Did my PT here after a major back surgery. Love OSS! Everything runs well, people are friendly. I came out strong as hell and confident in my new abilities. ”- Brenna R.
“Dr. Feldman is my go-to ortho….He has been my orthopedic for >12 years… He has performed (my) hip replacement. Spinal fusion. Meniscus tear and cartilage damage repair. He has also done a knee replacement on my left knee…. They focus on getting ... ”- TRM
“I've seen Dr Stephan Yacoublan for several different injuries. He performed my surgery to fix a torn rotator cuff in the past and that was the quickest I've ever recovered from any surgery (and I've had many.). This time around I'm seeing him for my ... ”- Krissie B.
“Dr. Jeter is by far one of the greatest doctors I have ever worked with. She is a great listener, trusts her patients, and is positive and proactive. I am grateful she is my pain management doctor!! ”- Marnee T.
“Dr. Falkenstein has performed 2 lower back microdiscectomies in the past with excellent results. I've seen other doctors since the surgeries and they have all commented on the excellent work performed by Dr. Falkenstein. I am going back for fusion ... ”- Russel L.