Jeffrey Korchek, MD, is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and has been practicing orthopaedics since 1987. Dr. Korchek's focus is on conditions relating to the spine, shoulder, hip and knee and also treats sport related injuries and issues relating to arthritis. He performs surgery relating to joint conditions, including joint replacement, and also emphasizes conservative treatment options, when appropriate.
Dr. Korchek has always focused on a supportive and friendly approach and respects the diverse needs of his patients, making sure he addresses their concerns during treatment. He joins OSS in April 2023 after joint management of Buena Vista Orthopedics, in North Hollywood, with Dr. Richard Feldman.
His accomplishments include:
- Certification from the California Division of Workers’ Compensation for medical exams of injured employees
- Member of the California Orthopaedic Association (COA) since 1988 and elected on Board of Directors (2018)
- Former Board Member (District 17) of the Los Angeles County Medical Association
- Chief of Orthopaedic Surgery at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center (1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2011, 2014, 2016)
- Chair of Surgical Review at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center (2016 -2018)
- Former orthopaedic consultant for KNBC
- Ongoing volunteer (since 1988) as a Physician Specialist with the California Special Olympics
- Former volunteer as team physician for the women’s ProAM Soccer League, Occidental College Football Team and Burbank High School Football Team
- Ongoing health science lecturer volunteer for Las Virgenes Unified School District
- Arthritis (shoulder, knee, hip)
- Musculoskeletal Pain conditions of the spine and extremities
- Injuries to cartilage, ligaments and muscles of the knee and shoulder
- Broken bones (fractures)
- Spine conditions
- Sports related injuries (knee, ankle, shoulder & hip)
- Care of broken bones, injured soft tissue (muscles, ligaments) and dislocations with splints, bracing, casts, medications, physical therapy or possible injection therapy.
- Surgical care for broken hips and ankles
- Non-surgical treatment for the spine
- Joint Replacement Surgery.
- Total Knee Replacement
- Total Hip Replacement
- Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- Arthroscopy surgery (known as scopes), including:
- PRP injection, when warranted
- Remove (excise) cysts such as Morton’s neuroma and ganglion cysts
- Surgical repair of tendons, including Achilles, Quadracep and Biceps
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, Burbank
- Glendale Surgical Center, Glendale
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- California Orthopaedic Association
- California Medical Association
- Los Angeles County Medical Association
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- North American Spine Society
“Results of Transfer of the Superficialis to Produndus Tendons in Adults with Acquired
Spasticity of the Hand”, JBJS, October 1987
“Modified Technique of the Superficialis to Profundus Tendon Transfer” Journal of Hand Surgery, July 1987
COA Annual Meeting – May 2021Symposium Moderator/Presenter: “The Present & Future of Orthopaedic Education”
“If there were more stars, he deserves all! My mom knee was devastated by arthritis and osteoporosis (perhaps due to her age) for more than 8 years and the last 3 years it was impossible for her to walk... then Dr. Jeffrey Korchek performed a knee replacement... a perfect job. A month after the surgery she is walking like she hasn't done in years and incr ... ”- Lorena F.
“Dr. Korchek was outstanding during both of my hip replacements. (It's due to him that I'm out standing, myself!) His explanations during every step of the process are clear, creating an atmosphere of complete confidence and trust. He was attentive before and after the procedure and the surgery itself was flawless. ”- Anonymous
“(Dr. Korchek) was straight to the point in everything. You can tell he was experienced. He said…you have a torn labrum in the right shoulder. The surgery went well. The pain wasn't bad.. the team was friendly and fun. I was in and out in no time. ”- Jason B.