Disability Benefits (Claims)
Like many other medical offices, Orthopaedic Surgery Specialists will help you file forms for disability benefits with various government and private organizations.
- Our doctor must approve the requested disability benefit. The decision is based on the type of orthopaedic injury you have, doctor’s judgement AND the benefit being requested.
- We encourage you to discuss the requested disability benefit during your appointment.
- We support the filing of short term disability benefits (up to 3 months).
If you are being treated for chronic pain by Dr. Falkinstein, then OSS may coordinate the disability benefit for you up to 6 (six) months.
- If you need long term disability, please understand that our doctors will most likely not be able to coordinate the benefit. We absolutely encourage you to speak with your primary care doctor since s/he is the designated doctor who routinely cares for your health over the long term.
- Our office will typically need 7 – 10 business days to complete the paperwork.
Often times, OSS will mail the completed paper work to you so you can submit to the third party. Alternatively, you can pick up from our office.
- You are responsible for the administrative fees to file the benefit.
* The stated policy is also printed in the Our Policy form found in the New Patient Form Packet.
MOST COMMONLY REQUESTED FORMS
|Handicap placard with the DMV||$10|
|Jury Duty Excuse||$10|
|Medical Necessity Letter per page||$10|
|Release to Work||$10|
|Home Health Application||$15|
|In Home Supportive Services (IHSS)||$15|
|Medical Record copies (per doctor)||$25|
SHORT-TERM DISABILITY BENEFITS: COMMON FORMS WITH THE STATE OR PRIVATE INSURERS
|FMLA Leave of Absence||$25|
LONG-TERM BENEFITS: COMMON FORMS WITH PRIVATE INSURERS
|Long Term Disability||$50|
OSS does not process long-term disability benefits with the state of California. If you need to apply for long-term benefits from the government, please contact the local Social Security Office in California.
The request to obtain medical records does not require approval from a doctor. Just let our staff know to help you. You will still be responsible for the administrative fee. Click to view the team member(s) who can help you.