EASE YOUR PAIN AND GAIN MOBILITY
Suffering from chronic pain – neck, back, leg, foot, joints and muscles – can slow you down or even prevent you from living the life you want to live. Starting July 9, 2018, Orthopaedic Surgery Specialists will offer a new service to help you ease your pain – Pain Management & Regenerative Medicine.
Dr. Alex Feng, our Pain Management Specialist, completed a postgraduate residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R), also known as physiatry or rehabilitation medicine. This area of medicine aims to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life to those with physical impairments or disabilities affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles and tendons. Dr. Feng has advanced fellowship training in Pain Management, which specializes in the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of a wide spectrum of disorders, including acute pain, chronic pain, cancer pain and nerve pain. Dr. Feng uses a comprehensive approach to treating pain, using rehabilitation, medication and minimally invasive procedures when necessary.
Our Pain Management Specialist has a variety of treatments to restore your life:
- Steroid medication, which is administered using a minimally-invasive technique (e.g. Epidural Steroid Injection, Selective Nerve Root Injection, Sarcoiliac Joint Injection)
- Heat (Facet Radiofrequency Ablation)
- Numbing the nerve causing the pain (Sympathetic Nerve Block)
- A device to stimulate electrical impulses (Spinal Cord Simulator)
- Regenerative Medicine (includes Stem Cell and Platelet Rich Plasma therapy)